Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Boro: Rags and Tatters from the Far North of Japan



I was gifted this beautiful book  a couple of years ago after I finished my teabag panels body of work which was largely inspired by boro textiles (first discovered via the amazing Sri Threads gallery).  It seems the book is already out of print so I thought I'd share some of my favorite  images from the book with the boro lovers out there who didn't get a copy..  I never get tired of looking at them and they are always a source of inspiration:








All photographs (c) Kyoichi Tsuzuki

The publisher is ASPECT Co. and you can contact them at info@aspect.co.jp; if you're enough of you may be they will reprint? ISBN 978-4-7572-1596-2

2 comments:

  1. Sigh ... so beautiful! Thanks for sharing a peek inside the book. I'm on the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book has inspired so much in me! Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...